Tuesday, November 28, 2017

More Various

Walked the usual (with a warm coat and scarf on!). After breakfast, I actually went over to Office Depot. Looked at a relatively inexpensive laptop, but it has only 4 gigs and a 15-inch screen, so I decided get another with 8 gigs and a 17.5 screen. I also checked for the other things Ellen mentioned and all seems okay. Of course, the price is twice as much as I thought I'd pay, but hell, it's only money. I think I'll get it today.
I've been hearing back from my A. for A. students and most can come to reunion lunch. The one who can't come--said she can't come either day--is no great loss, in my estimation. Sharon and Noreen don't use computers, so I called them and both can come, I'm happy to say.
Several people who have e-mail haven't responded and boy, that kills me. Why would you bother to use electronic devices to communicate if you don't look at them? Stupid. Anyway, I called Char and will call Carolyn, Sue, and Luisa today; the other non-respondent, John, I'll see at Toastmaster Thursday night, so I'll wait until then to tell him, I guess. Stopped at Mimi Callender's and reserved "the library" for Friday for our A. for A. lunch. Most prefer that day and that's when I decided to have it.
My nieces in Alameda both wrote back and said my plan to go up there to see Frank are fine. Now all I have to do is get my train tickets and find some way to get to the station.
Walked the m. to l. walk and dipped into an old, but extensive bio of Judy Garland. This is more to my taste than Mickey Mantle and I'll pick up where I left off today. When I got home, I seasoned and slipped into the oven a lot of chicken thighs. Had one for dinner, put others in the freezer.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...