Sunday, November 26, 2017

Dudley House Boutique

Walked Kimball and, after breakfast, finally got my pedicure. I fell into conversation with my--pedicurist?--a very personable young man who is, of course, Vietnamese, but was brought up in South Carolina. We talked about Ho Chi Mihn, the man we were made to believe was practically the devil with horns, but who was truly a visionary and a great leader. Went from there to pick up salad fixings.
I realized I would probably not be able to fit in my town walk after lunch, so went beforehand and was pleased that I did. I finished Elizabeth Edwards' final book before she died, Resilience, and boy, what a loss to the country.
Showered and dressed in my docent outfit for Dudley House. No sooner did I walk in and see Lynn than she said I didn't have to dress, I could just wear whatever I wanted. Of course, she neglected to tell me that--damn, she's a kook. However, I was the greeter and I think it was appropriate that I be dressed. It was just as well, anyway, as it got chilly by 6:00.
Dudley House was beautifully decorated for the boutique, and filled with wonderful, mostly handmade Christmas items. I couldn't resist a kind of wine decanter with lights inside, which I bought from Kathy, the creator. By the time I got home, I was a little tired and just had shrimp and salad for dinner.
This computer continues to fill me with annoyance. Try as I might, I can't get the resolution back to normal. I sent Tokyo son an e-mail, asking if he could do the team viewer thing and fix it. Haven't heard back from him yet.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...