Sunday, November 12, 2017

Saturday

Did the usual, then did what I do every day, and topped that off with nothing new. Am I in a rut? Why, yes, but it's one of my own making.
I did go to WinCo for all kinds of veg goodies. Came home to make two days worth of salad, pare and chop cucumbers, cut up tomatoes and add oil and vinegar (I like these in salad instead of plain) and hard boil five eggs, as I had no chicken for the salad and protein at every meal is my habit. I got some raw shrimp, as well as a swai filet, plus onions and peppers, which I'll prepare and freeze shortly.
Took my town walk, of course, and boy, was Main Street jammed. There was an art show/sale going on in the little Mission Park, as well as all kinds of street happenings. I always like to be walking through on busy weekend days, then I'm glad to be back to staid weekdays.
I'm still reading McGreevey's Confession and still wondering whether he or his debatable gay lover is telling the truth: a torrid affair or sexual Harassment? Not sure, but I'm interested.
Suggested to Ellen we go to the olive oil place in Ojai today. However, she wasn't enthusiastic and neither am I. She suggested we walk on Shelf Road, which winds around a high hill and from which you can look down on the town. We used to do this years ago, before I ever dreamed I'd live in the area, and I'm looking forward to it. I'll bring my lunch to her place and we'll eat first.
While I was putting on my sunglasses, I had my car keys in my hand and poked my eye. It feels as if there's something in it, and I later called the eye doctors at Miramar. The one I talked to said to get an ointment, then tape the eye shut. Went to CVS and that brand name wasn't there, but the pharmacist there said another was the same thing. Bought that and "paper tape," but couldn't bring myself to tape my eye. Put the ointment in and went to bed early. Slept all night, but the eye doesn't feel much different.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I"m disappointed a 'doctor' told you how to treat your eye without seeing it. I believe if it was bad enough for you to call an eye doctor.....the doctor should have referred you to an urgent care center. I believe they have them there. Please see someone Monday. I bet that hurt when you poked the key in your eye.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...