Thursday, November 02, 2017

Whatta Day

Wowee, what a day!
Walked Kimball, had breakfast, then went to the BCNN meeting. Sue was there, and Sherry and Doris came in; I was glad to see all of them. The meeting was okay--a talk by two people from Heritage Square in Oxnard--but since the video system doesn't seem to work, it was a bit long. I volunteered to be one of the greeters.
Stopped at AAA after to ask about the check I have coming, but was told it would take up to three days to come in. Okay, I'll wait. As I got back in my car, my phone rang. It was Jim D., Betty's high school boyfriend from sixty years ago. He lives in Texas, but said he was in Palm Springs and was I available for lunch today? Actually, today is the only day this week I don't have something scheduled, so I agreed. I suggested we meet at Brophy Bros. at the harbor at noon. He's bringing his friggin' dog--good grief!
When I got home, I spent more time working on various aspects of A. for A. I e-mailed Fern, from Toastmasters, to ask if she knew any man who could/would take the part of "Sam" in Hell On Wheels. She checked and suggested John C., whom I had met--he'd be perfect, so I e-mailed him and asked.
Zipped over to Enterprise and took the plunge re the car. I'm very pleased with it and salesperson Carly took a picture of me with it. I tried to copy it here, but it wouldn't work. I did put it on Facebook, along with this comment:
"My new car and me in the glamour pose my daughter taught me. CARLY COMROE and JOSE DIAZ, of Enterprise, couldn't have been more helpful; they're terrific and I'm very happy with my little gold beauty."
When I got out, I drove directly to town--I wasn't going to let another day go by without my m. to l. walk. On my way, Ellen called to ask about the car. We chatted and she asked if I'd look in the thrift stores to see if I could find a few small scales, preferably in grams, for her science class. I stopped into Goodwill; didn't find any, but I'll look further. While there, Nancy called and I found a quiet corner where we could talk. I had forgotten about the date we have on Saturday; good thing she reminded me. By the time we finished, it was after 5:00 and getting dark. Drove home and when I tried to get in the gate, realized I had left the clicker in the rental. Called Carly and she ran out and found it. I parked at the entrance and will drove over and get it when they open at 10:00 today.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...