Thursday, November 09, 2017

Transfers And Governor McGreevy

I finally got an off day. After Kimball and breakfast, I did a load of wash and at long last, got the car-to-closet transfers made. In a way, I had used my old car for storage, especially to keep my big suitcase (with a smaller one inside) in the trunk, which I don't want to do with the new one. The transfer entailed rolling it to the apartment and replacing it in the trunk with this and that I want to keep there. I had to move the big vacuum from the hall closet to the room-length closet, put the Shark where that had been, add the suitcase, and--well, lots of moving around.
In between washing, drying, and folding, I looked up monologues for Fern, of Toastmasters. I'm not sure why I agreed to do this; she could herself, and maybe I'll just e-mail her the web sites. She wants some that go on for five to seven minutes, but that's about twice or more as long as they (audition monologues, anyway) last. While I was thinking about this, I decided to write one. It's not bad and maybe I'll save it for my next Acting for Amateurs class, if I'm ever gaga enough to do it again. (I always think this way when a performance is coming up. Later, I forget the harried part and remember how much I enjoy it.)
I was out of lettuce, so went to WinCo for that and also the ingredients for the cranberry meatballs I'm going to make for the Dudley House potluck this evening. For some weird reason, I couldn't find minced onion at three different stores, so maybe I'll just get an onion and mince it myself. Found the chili sauce at WinCo, but it was Korean and I wasn't sure that's what was specified. Bought it at Smart 'n' Final, instead.
Ran into Don outside and we chatted. I told him I was hurt that he turned down my dinner invitation and he assured me it was only because he eats certain things and won't touch others. He does get to be tedious at times--lacks the social graces and just seems limited, but I'll just accept that.
Of all things, I've gotten re-interested in Jim McGreevy, the former NJ governor. I had read his book, Fall To Grace (what hotshot editor dreamed up the title?) years ago and when I stopped at the library yesterday, found his other one, The Confession, and started it. It details his affair with his Israeli aide, Golan Cipel, and includes lots about his Irish RC background. I looked up Cipel and read about his lawsuit against McGreevy. Interestingly, I also found his blog, in which he categorically denies any affair with McGreevy, saying he was sexually assaulted by same.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...