Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Leisure And Sheep

The day seemed so leisurely, since I wasn't preparing for a show or a dinner. After Kimball, I stripped the bed and gathered up the sheets and everything else needing to be washed, and took them to the laundry. Did other little chores and the place looks nice and tidy. Went to WinCo for various and home to chop cucumbers and chicken. Made a huge salad (I already had Romaine and tomatoes), half of which I had for lunch.
After, I took off for town, glad to resume my museum to library walk. I stopped in front of the mission to call Nancy and see if she was going to the widder dinner. She wasn't and I was vacillating about it--not sure I wanted to go or not.
I decided to, after all, and I enjoyed it. Talked a lot to Pam (an attorney I have pegged for my nephew, who's now divorced) and Anna, who looks--seriously--about thirty, but is fifty-four and has five grandchildren. There were nine of us, including two newcomers; one lost her husband only a year ago on Thanksgiving Day. Vera talked about our December dinner, which is on Monday, the fourth. It's to be the "wear an ugly Christmas sweater (nope) and an ornament exchange."* Wouldn't you know that's at 6:00 the same day as Poinsettia Toastmasters at 7:00 and I'm to give my maiden speech? Oh, well,l'll just flit from one to another.
Aside from that, a low-key day.
* It's wearisome how imitative people are. Wouldn't you think Vera could come up with something more imaginative, instead of those two done-to-death cliches? It reminds me of a book that made a big stir years ago--not the content (anti-communism), but the title: A Nation of Sheep.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...