Saturday, November 04, 2017

Still Plenty Going On

As is my habit (I don't know why I always fall for these archaic English structures), I sat down here to write in this bog, check my mail, and go onto Facebook before I left for Kimball at 7:00. I was delighted to get a message back from John C., saying he would "love" to be in Hell On Wheels--yay!
Ran into my park friends, Irene and Diane, at Kimball. They oohed and aahed over my pretty little car and we stopped to chat for fifteen or so. Once home, I had to rush to change and get to T.O.P.S., but there was more good news there: I lost another 2.4 pounds, for a total of 42.78 pounds, plus--TA DAH!--I'm now in the one-thirties. Well, just barely, at 139.4, but hey, I'll take it.
Just as I pulled into my parking spot afterwards, I got a call from Bob S., of Sunrise Bay, saying he had had to repair some wires for the sprinkler system that he thinks Meticulous, the lawn service, somehow cut. I didn't get a chance to call Meticulous (I assume they'll pay Bob's fee) until later and by that time, it was closed. Will get to them on Monday.
Stripped the bed and took two large loads of wash to the laundry place; I not only used two washers, I used two dryers. While they were doing their thing, I sent John a return message and attached the playlet. After lunch, I called him and he came over. We met in our all-purpose room--very handy, as my place was in some disarray and I didn't feel like clearing it out just then. I know John is going to be perfect in the (very small) part, as he's articulate and intelligent, plus some kind of officer in Toastmasters. After that, I headed to the bank to deposit the check from AAA, then stopped at the supermarket, which meant I didn't get to the museum until almost 4:00--late for me, but no matter.
On my way to the library, I went in the four thrift stores I pass, still looking for a small scale for Ellen's science class--no luck today, either. While I was at Goodwill, Nancy called and we firmed up our plans to go to a boutique, then lunch today. After that, I'll go to El's to show her the car.
Stopped at Smart 'n' Final for grapes, berries, and olive oil, so didn't get in until almost 6:00.
Now I have to find some time to do my homework for Dudley House, as I haven't even glanced at the docent material. I said I'd take the porch, living room, and dining room and there's a lot to know about them.

No comments:

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly wate...