Monday, July 31, 2017

Catching Up

It was a catching up day and not a bad one. After reconciling myself to going back to the routine, I actually enjoyed it in a minor way. Got on the computer, walked Kimball, did the crossword, plus a few chores. Drove to town and walked the usual. Stopped at Vons on the way home, so had a late lunch.
I called my new friend, Diane (the one who had the eight-bedroom house in San Francisco and lost all her money) and invited her for lunch today. She was pleased to accept and I'll pick her up and bring her here.
Got an e-mail from Nancy, asking if we could get together today, too. Called her and, since I'm busy today and she is on Tuesday or Wednesday, we decided to meet on Thursday at Ellen's, then go somewhere for lunch.
Went to WinCo for shrimp, wine, and a few fruits. I'll serve Diane a sturdy salad (not your wimpy lettuce and tomato, either), plus shrimp, then make a fruit salad for dessert.
Betty called and, of course, we both hope brother Frank will improve with time. He's out of intensive care, so that's good news. I absolutely refuse to be pessimistic about his condition. I firmly believe he'll slowly get better, physically and mentally, and until I know differently, I'm going to go with that.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...