Saturday, July 22, 2017

Here And There

Walked Kimball, then went to T.O.P.S. I was surprised and pleased to find I had lost another 2.8 pounds for a total of 27.8 and a weight of 155.6 (those tenths of pounds are urgent). Considering my sandwich and wine on the boat and the fact Betty was here, I was resigned to not losing, so was glad. Another thing I lost, I'm afraid, is the little notebook in which I've been recording all the weight stuff. However, using T.O.P.S. official info, I was able to figure I started at 183. Okay, lookin' good.
The meeting was rollicking, as they tend to be, Lolly being anything but the leader type. In August, my pal, Lenny (for Lenore) takes over and I hope it will be a bit more to the point.
Didn't get home for breakfast until 10:30, the usual on Fridays. By the time I finished, did some computer work, paid bills, and tidied up, it was almost noon. Went to WinCo to replenish supplies, then spent time chopping veggies and chicken for salad and stir fry. After lunch, I called my new friend, Diane, and told her I'd go over to her place and give her the application for (fixed income) Cypress Point. Did so, she offered me iced tea and we talked for more than an hour.
Diane is an interesting person and incredibly, also a pacifist, one of the few around here, it seems. She goes to the Unitarian Church (or "church") and is a mindFUNism instructor. Yeah, I think it's nuts, but I like her. She had an eight-bedroom house in San Francisco, and opened a bed and bath, but lost it, along with her first husband. I'm not sure exactly why, but I suspect bankruptcy for the former. She moved to Costa Rico, then Mexico, then various other places in South America, then Albuquerque, NM in the states. Moved here only four months ago, presumably because one of her two sons lives in Agoura Hills, not far away.
We met at the condo where we lives--it's very attractive, but I was taken aback when she told me she simply rents a room there. She wants to move, as the owner, an elderly woman, has become "fault-finding." Diane herself is 75, which I was amazed to hear; as I told her, she doesn't look over sixty. She laughed and said she's "had work," I guess a face lift. She's has a nice figure--slender, but not bony, and is quite attractive. She does have neuropathy and uses a cane. Anyway, I like her a lot and asked her to give me a call next week and I'll pick her up for lunch.
After I left Diane's, I went directly to Barnes & Noble to get my soon-to-be-a-teenager (is it possible?) granddaughter, Vivian, a card. I'll send her a gift card from Amazon shortly, but I'm also sending her Terri S.'s book A Road to Barcelona. Stopped at Sprout's for blueberries and by that time, it was almost 5:00.
I knew the library closes at 5:00 on Fridays, but I did my usual museum to library walk. Didn't get home until almost 6:00 and had flounder for dinner. Called Betty to ask how her side is (she's been having pain) and she said she thinks better. She leaves to go back to Jersey today.

No comments: