Saturday, July 01, 2017

Busier Day

Walked Kimball, then went to T.O.P.S. Happily, I'm now in the next "decade"--the 150s--and have lost a total of 25 pounds.
The rest of the day was a blur, as so much went on. I won't even go into the ins and outs, except to chronicle my activities:
1. I finally stepped into the twenty-first century and got a smart phone; I'll be able to keep my cell phone number.
2. I looked at outdoor chairs at Target--on sale, half price, for ten bucks. However, I went over to Lowe's and got ones I like better (red seats, white frames) for twice that, but oh, well.
3. Jim, the assistant manager here, was nice enough to carry my wonderful new jewelry armoire from the car to my place. He wouldn't take any money, but said I could pay him with my homemade applesauce.
4. Suzanne's rent has been raised by 80 dollars a month--ouch! She and her fellow nuns have their salary sent to headquarters, then each is given what she needs. (El said it sounds like communism and damned if it doesn't--certainly a kinder, gentler system than capitism). She's looking into Cypress Meadows, which is a lower-income apartment place and very nice, too. She brought me a brochure and info, but I don't qualify financially.
5. Although it was almost 5:00, I drove to town and walked the walk, although the library was closed. Ran into Tony M., of SCAN, who was on his way to meet friends for dinner.
6. Called El and told her all the above news. I'll go over to her place today for lunch and possibly, antique storing or whatever.
Didn't have dinner until after 7:00. I had eaten lunch a tad early while I waited for Jim, yet I wasn't as hungry as I could have been. Keeping busy is the best appetite suppressor for me.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...