Friday, July 28, 2017

Ventura and Unpleasant News

Walked Kimball and even got my town walk in before the kids (ha!) came after lunch. We enjoyed chatting and I showed them two pictures painted by my Uncle Frank, plus one that had hung in my childhood home. I was hoping they might want to have one or more of them, but they may have decided against, which is fine by me. I'd love a family member to have them but if my own children don't take them, I'll see if their cousins might. We made plans to go to Santa Barbara today, so we'll join up in Ojai in early afternoon.
We then all went to Wal-Mart for this, that, and the other. We parted about 4:30 and I was about to go off to WinCo for fresh fish, when my phone rang. It was Betty, telling me that our brother, Frank, is in the hospital in ICU. It may be that he took too much medication for blood pressure; his BP had dropped alarmingly. When I got home, I called his daughter, Francine, who said he also had became incoherent (he does have some memory loss), but now seems to be improving. He'll be in the hospital at least over the weekend, she said, and on Monday, they'll decide what to do next.
Boy, this is a blow, on all kind of levels. Not only was his wife, Marybeth, who's getting less and less coherent, admitted to Mercy Central two weeks or so ago, but now this. Darn, darn, darn.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...