Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Back To Life

After coming back from the library, I tried this pesky machine and it worked. I wonder if I was just impatient and didn't give it time to re-up, or whatever. In any event, I'm back on line--happy day.
After using the computer at the library, I walked down to the Ventura Inn. This is the residence for lower income seniors and I was pleasantly surprised at how attractive the lobby is. Ran into my acquaintance, Marie M., in the lobby. She introduced me to the manager and I asked for an application for Diane.
Walked back to the library and read for a bit. For the first time in several weeks, I didn't complete my second walk, but drove home. There, lo and behold, my computer worked. It may have been I didn't wait long enough for it to reboot. Impatient Mimi!
I had boiled the eggs earlier and now mashed and added to yolks for the devil part, lined serving dishes with lettuce, and put them in the fridge. Did this and that around the apartment, then showered, washed my hair, changed, and took off for Ojai.
We had a fine time at dinner with some of my favorite people in the world, and ate, talked, and laughed with plenty of pleasure and plenty of wine. It was almost 8:00 before I left and getting dark, in which I don't like to drive, but I'll see them again today--yay!

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...