Saturday, February 01, 2014

Aimless

Yesterday was sort of blank and aimless.  Because I've been on the go so much lately, I told Susan I was looking forward to a day off.  The fact is, though, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.
There were a few items of interest (to me, anyway): Went into Manahawkin and bought a sleeveless, zip-front sweat shirt, talked to several people on the phone, and ran into Barb H. at Acme.
I had intended to bring an appetizer--cranberry meatballs--to the Super Bowl party, but Barb said she had made a big pot of them (having gotten the recipe from me years ago) and that several others are bringing appetizers.  We discussed this weighty question and finally settled on a vegetable.  However, I later decided to simply make applesauce, as a side to the main dishes.  Everybody seems to like the tart-sweet with meat and, aside from paring three pounds of apples, it's not difficult.
Got an e-mail from John B., telling me our mutual cousin, Charlie Renz, has died at the age of 84.  I hadn't seen Charlie for years, but nevertheless, feel a sense of sorrowful loss, as I always do when a relative or friend dies.  John and cousin, Tom B., will go to the funeral, which is today.  I would have, too, but I'm committed to rehearsal for A Peaceful Reunion in Margate.
John also called me and we had a good chat.  We made a date to meet for lunch at 30th Street Station in Philly.  It's easy for me to get the train in Absecon and I much prefer it to driving in the city.
Aside from all that, I spent a fair amount of time on the computer.  I had meant to clean up and clear out, but somehow, the day slipped by, and I didn't.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...