Sunday, February 23, 2014

Various

Had nothing planned, so I was pleased when Betty called to ask if I was available for lunch.  Yes, indeed, and we met at Italian Gourmet.
The place was packed, with three different gatherings in the private rooms, plus the usual Saturday lunch crowd.  Had a leisurely and tasty meal, though, and good sisterly talk, of course.
Home, I finally revised my theatre bio, selected and copied my head shot from "Arsenic," and sent them off to Ellen V., for the "Hedda" program.
I was pleased to get an e-mail from the Friends of Lifelong Learning at Stockton (FELS) president, confirming my assumption of an acting class for next semester, which will run from October to March of 2015.  This is a new venture for me and boy, am I excited.  It even carries a stipend, which is just icing on the cake.
Received a Skype call from Tokyo and thanks to Team Viewer, handed over my computer to son, P., who restored Word through some magic or other--Hallelujah!  A happy bonus for me was interacting with precious K., who's all smiles and giggles now that he's a big boy of five and a half months.
While we were still engaged, Ellen called P. and I asked him to let her know I wouldn't be available for our usual Sunday evening virtual get-together.  She called me the old-fashioned way later--by phone--as she won't be home until today, either, and we had a good chat.
I'm in A Peaceful Reunion at Shalom House in Ventnor tonight, then I stay over at Betty's in Margate.  I'm not looking forward to the former, but will enjoy the latter. "Reunion" is just a reading--no blocking or what I would call "real" acting--and I'll be glad when it's over.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...