Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Rain And An Acting Lesson

Rain, rain, rainy, rainy rain.  Got soaked from the knees down during our walk, but that was okay; I was just glad it wasn't snow.
Went to Shop-Rite for one reason only: to get a rotisserie chicken for lunch. Stopped into the eye doctor's, which is in the same shopping center.  I have an appointment today for cataract prep.  I was a little annoyed that they couldn't tell me if I'd be dilated or not.  Think I'll ask Susan if she can take me there, as my friend will come to be with me, but we were going to go separately.
I decided to take Tara M. up on her offer to give me some private coaching on my Aunt Julia role and she came over last night.  I got a lot of valuable information, digging much deeper into the character and emphasizing "beats"--i.e., what's behind a character's words and actions, which can change, subtly or not, within a few lines.  Got into what Tara calls "action," too, an inaccurate term in this context, since it means "motivation."
Tara has a master's degree in theatre arts and she really knows her stuff.  Now if I can only apply what she taught me to my performance--.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...