Wednesday, February 05, 2014

"Here's Mud In Your Eye" And Shakespeare

That's the message son, Mike, sent after I announced I'm getting cataract surgery on my first eye next Wednesday.  My children have banded together to hound sissy me into this, but I guess I won't regret it.
Earlier, I went to an editorial staff meeting for The Breeze.  It's now been four years since we launched the publication (so grandiose!) and it's been a great success.  However, I'm no longer as interested or avid as I used to be, I suppose because I'm turned most of my attention to the theatre.  In addition--and very significantly--I'm preparing my mindset to move west.  I'll still contribute, of course, but without as much enthusiasm.
Susan drove me to Manahawkin after the meeting and I met my friend there.  My eyes weren't dilated, so I really could have gone myself, but I was glad she had, as she'll be the one to shepherd me through what I see as a dreadful ordeal.  Yes, yes, I know it's very common and almost everyone sails through it to reach Better Eyesight Shores on the other side, but I have a fear...
Moving right along: I was determined not to go near the library yesterday, as the semi-annual book sale is on and I have a multitude of books I bought and haven't read yet.  However, I easily violated this stricture and went over about 6:00; ended up buying three books and a set of CD's--I have no character, I guess.
I had a nice experience there, though.  When I went to pay, one of the Friends of the Little Egg Library volunteers asked if I was in any more plays.  It was a thrill to realize she actually recognized me!  Of course, I told her about Hedda, and we had a nice chat.
NOTE:  Just stumbled across this marvelous site, Playing Shakespeare:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wjDsFrCNq4
I want to view it at my leisure.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...