Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hair, Nails, And Impulsivity

Yipee and yahoo, I finally got my hair cut.  I have fairly thick hair, but it's fine and "fly-away," as my mother used to say, and in the winter, tends to get all static-y and hard to manage.  It seems grossly unfair that my twin sister was favored by the hair gods--beautifully wavy and falling just so around her face--while I must have somehow pissed them off.
Anyhoo, my hair looks good in a kind of page-boy-without-the-bangs style, exactly as I used to wear it when I was five years old.
Susan is getting a medical procedure herself, so I asked Leslie if she'd take me to the eye doctor today.  She will, but husband Dennis will drive.  I was a bit taken aback, as I know Les is timid about driving, but thought she was comfortable with Manahawkin.  Guess not.
On impulse--damn, I'd spend my whole life impulsively, if I could*--I jumped in the car about 5:00 and went to the fingernail place.  I've had a lot of problems lately with my nails; three have broken far down, including my left thumb nail, and boy, they're sore.  Plus, my hands are so dry that some of my fingertips actually have little splits in them.  My nails looked gorgeous when I had the "gel" polish put on--thirty bucks with tip, but it lasts for weeks--but now I wanted it removed to try to recover my--well, nail health.  The point here is, you can't remove it yourself unless you have pure acetate, as it doesn't come off with regular polish remover.
So-o-o, I went to Sunset Nails and explained the problem, emphasizing that is wasn't the fault of Sunset Nails.  The proprietor was kind enough to remove the gel and he refused to charge; I did insist on giving him a tip.  My nails look bad at this point, but I'll shape them and put on some colorless until they grow out.      
* This is such a crock!  Everybody loves to think of themselves as crazy, kooky, adorable free spirits who aren't hemmed in by convention.  They have no problem characterizing themselves vocally that way, either.  In truth, I don't know anybody who deviates from the norm--albeit it's a broad one--by even a miniscule percentage.  I, for one, am mainly a creature of habit and, except for inconsequential variables, am most comfortable in my own little, well-worn "track."  

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...