Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Delightful Except For Comcast

What a delightful day--except for the Comcast part, but I'll soft-pedal that.
It didn't look to be delightful when Susan came to the door at 6:30 (I had asked her to go early, as the Comcast person was to come between 7 and 9 to bring a new "box.")  She said the street and sidewalk were slippery and she thought I wouldn't want to walk.  She was right, of course, and I didn't.
Called about 9:30 and was told the guy was scheduled to come between 9 and 11--aagh!  He did come shortly after that, though, and installed the box.  He also showed me that he had programmed the old and new remotes: One controlled volume and the other everything else.  I was in a hurry to pick up Aline, so didn't think to question that, but later--WHY would I want to have to use two remotes as a regular thing?
Picked up Aline at the stated time of 12:15, then drove the half-mile or so to the post office shopping center and left the car.  The bus came about 12:40 and we boarded it to start our big adventure.
Big for me, that is.  "Public" is Aline's regular mode of transportation, as she doesn't drive.  At her suggestion, we sat in the front and enjoyed a panoramic view of countryside and cityscape.  It took about 45 minutes to get to Atlantic City--the bus doesn't stay on the Parkway, but goes through Smithville, Galloway, and Pleasantville--and I enjoyed being able to see something other than the road on this cold, but wonderfully sunny day.
Got off at the bus station, the end of the line, and decided to walk to Angelo's Fairmount Tavern on Mississippi Avenue for lunch, just a few blocks away.  This had us pass Dante Hall, bringing up good memories of our Players & Playwrights
performances there.  We also discovered that the Noyes Art Garage is right across the street--that's the aim of our next excursion, as I'm still on the trail of the origins of the Steel Pier pictures in my living room.
Food was good at Angelo's, but the service was terrible; however, we rose above that and had a fine time.  Walked down to the boardwalk after, and to Shops At The Pier, which extends out over the water.  Here, we sat, then strolled around and were able to enjoy magnificent views of my love and Aline's, the Atlantic Ocean.
Before we realized it, it was after 5:00, and we walked back to the station for the 6:20 bus home.
Vowing to do this again soon, we parted after I took Aline home and got in myself. Settled down to watch my fifteen minutes or so of t.v. and realized I should have questioned the guy about two remotes.  Oh, but no prob, as I couldn't get either to turn on the set.  Furious--I really should look into an anger management class--I called Comcast, was cut off after a frustrating conversation with the first boob, then finally got another who guided me to re-programming the remotes--aagh!
Other than that, it was a fabulous day.

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

Sounds like you had a busy day. Sorry about the remote issue. If you still need help, please feel free to contact me. I work for Comcast.

If you're interested in my help, you may contact me, provide your info and a link to this page for reference.

Thanks,

ComcastMark
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...