Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lunch And So On

A pleasant, if somewhat melancholy day.  Picked up Aline and we met Betty at Italian Gourmet for a nice lunch.  We then went to the cemetery to mark Pat's birthday and, of course, shed a few tears at his and Jay's graves.
I asked Aline if she minded going up to B.J.'s after, as I wanted to see if they had a certain item I used to buy there.  They didn't, but no matter.  We then stopped at Rite-Aid at Aline's request.  She bought milk and a cute Valentine gift for her sister: a plush dog in a tall mug.  Just as she was getting in the car, she dropped and broke it.  She was very upset, but I urged her to try seeing if the store would replace it; said I'd go in with her.  I explained what had happened and the clerk--or maybe, as she seemed a cut above, the front manager--cheerfully said she'd mark it as damage and replace it, which she did.
Aline and I both realized she didn't have to do that, but it was a great relief and now, if we have a choice (and we do; Wal-Green's is right across the street), we're going to Rite-Aid.
Dropped Aline off, got the press release and poster for Hedda from Frank, tweaked the latter a bit to personalize it for Sunrise Bay, and sent both off to The Breeze site.
Well, today's the day.  My friend will pick me up in less than an hour and I go off to get my eye done.  Ugh, I still hate the idea, but I guess there's no alternative.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...