Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Various

I was dismayed to see the fresh snow in the morning, but luckily, it was crunchy and we had no problem walking
Called Betty to see if I could help with some of her horrendous problems after the ice flood.  She said the streets were icy, though, and at this point, there wasn't much I could do.  We'll meet today for lunch; I'll have Aline.  I invited Leslie, too, but she declined.
Went to Shop-Rite after lunch and got supplies.  I called the eye place in Margate yet again, just to get the directions about the eye drops clear.  Both there and in Manahawkin, they've been extraordinarily pleasant and helpful.  I'm determined to be more fiscally responsible and to that end, I've started recording expenditures. Will take my little account book everywhere I go.
Got gas at Wawa was infuriated that the car in front of me at the pump was empty, as was at least one other at the next station.  Now, this is a busy place, but I see this frequently: Somebody getting gas and too friggin' lazy to pay, then drove a yard or so to park and go in the store.
I maneuvered my way around the empty car and went into Wawa to find the manager.  I was told he was "in a meeting"--yeah, sure--so expressed my displeasure to some underlings.  They were nice enough, but robotically mouthed  the company line, which is something to the effect that people wanted to be able to go into the store while they were getting gas.... SURE, THEY DO!  And I want to be able attach a pair of wings and fly!
Oh, the hell with it.  Maybe I need anger management classes.
The rest of the day: no prob.  I tidied up the guest room, washed the clothes my guest had left, sewed on his button, and did this and that otherwise.  Betty called, thinking this was my husband's, Pat's, birthday, but it's today; he would have been 83.  Betty and I had a good chat, anyway.
NOTE:  I hope anyone reading this will follow suit and display the logo on this site wherever on the Internet they can:
https://thedaywefightback.org/

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Best wishes to you, Mom, on your procedure tomorrow!
Love,
Ellen

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...