Monday, February 24, 2014

Talent Show

Just got home from Betty's, where I spent the night after the talent show at Shalom House.  I wasn't enthusiastic about it at first, but it turned out to be a lot of fun.
I had gotten to Betty's about 3:00 and we went out for a late lunch/early dinner at Downbeach Deli.  I had chopped chicken livers and fried onions on rye--peculiar because it was cold, but I thought it was good.
I asked Betty to take me to Shalom House and back, as it's still very difficult for me to see in the dark; she did and stayed to see the show.  Got there at the stated time of 5:30 for rehearsal and the show went on at 7:00. Besides our silly little play, written by Sondra M., there was a guitar player who did John Denver and Beatles songs, a woman who played the flute--gamely, but badly--a female trio of residents who combine Blue Moon and do-wop, and an autistic man who was born with no eyes.  Yes, just as my husband's great-nephew was.
Anyway, it was fun and we were home by 8:30   Got our jammies on and had popcorn and grape drink, along with some good sisterly talk. Slept soundly and didn't get up until 7:00, almost two hours later than usual.  Betty made me a breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon, then we thought we'd go over to the Somers Point Museum.
Unfortunately, we found it's open next only on March 14 or something.  We just went over to Produce Junction and stocked up on romaine, broccoli, and Brussels Sprouts.  Once we got back to Betty's, we said goodbye and off I went.\
Nice day and a half, I must say.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...