Thursday, February 06, 2014

Rain And So On

More steady, heavy rain.  It was very windy, also--in fact, when I went across to Susan's, she thought we should skip our walk.  Fine by me--I'm always looking for an excuse, which is why it's a good thing Susan's usually such a die-hard.
Did a bunch of computer stuff, notably attending to e-mails and so on.  I was sorry to read Grey is withdrawing from the play; still sick.  Maybe it's as well, though, considering the tension between and him and Neil.  Desi sent an e-mail that he has recruited Tony B., a guy I don't know, for the part.  He also cancelled the first act rehearsal for tonight, so he could put in a later scene with the newcomer and others.  That means I don't go and  I'm okay with that, although I'm anxious to get back into the swing of things.
Tidied up the guest room and washed rug and seat cover in the guest bath.  I'll wait until tomorrow to finish up.  Made a salad and had it for lunch, along with leftover Brussel sprouts.
Aline called to say she had agreed to fill in for somebody at work, so wasn't going to keep our lunch date today.  Too bad, but I'll pick up Leslie, anyway.  
Went to B.J.'s and Wal-Mart, still in the rainy mess, to restock the larder.  After dinner, I kept my appointment with Leslie, one of the Little Egg librarians, for a brief tutorial on my Tablet.  She's very nice, but wasn't terribly knowledgeable herself.  The most helpful thing she did was to introduce me to the users' manual on-line.  I'll look closely into that shortly.  After, I went to Acme and picked up hamburger and chicken.  I've had a strange craving for flesh lately--odd, considering I eat mainly vegetarian.
Betty called and we chatted.  She said she had to get a storage place to put the things in her house.  Hope we can get together next week.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I keep forgetting to ask you about those extra large photo shots of AC on your living room wall. How could I get something similar?
Re the upcoming cataract surgery-- take some Ativan the day before -- make sure ophthalmologist OKs it -- I'm not sure if Ativan has an effect on the pupils.
As you remember, having to use the drops for several days post op is a pain in the neck-- all else piece of cake.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...