Sunday, February 02, 2014

Breakfast and Rehearsal

Got to Betty's about 9:45 and we went to Johnny's for breakfast.  Stopped on the way back to her place at an estate sale.  Loved the house which, sadly enough, was going to be torn down, no doubt so some modern monstrosity can be erected in its place.  However, the owners weren't dead, just moved away, and they had left a lot of furniture, knickknacks, dishes, and even clothes in the closets. Betty got a very nice, full-length, casual winter coat priced at two dollars.  Even at that price, she offered less and got it for one.  I want to get rid of things, not buy more, but did get two items of sheet music for a buck.
Arrived at Shalom House just as Louise did, and Bobbi greeted us at the door. We went up to her apartment to rehearse--no prob with that, but I got an unpleasant surprise.  I had assumed the "talent show" was in the afternoon, but found it's at seven pm.  Damn!  If I had known that, I wouldn't have participated, as I shouldn't be driving at night.  However, I can't very well back out now, so I'll ask Betty if I can stay overnight with her on the 23rd.
Didn't break up until almost 4:00, then I stopped on the way home to get apples.   Was just taking broccoli out of the microwave when I got a Skype call from my adorable little K.--and his mommy and daddy--from Tokyo.  We stayed "on the line," so to speak for more than an hour, through two diaper changes, in fact, and he was his usual charming self for his Nana.
Super Bowl party today.  Looking forward to the party, but not the overwrought, jingoistic, tiresome hype that seems to get more gross and in-your-face every year.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...