Friday, February 07, 2014

Lunch And Eye Drops

Rolled three doors down and picked up Leslie at 12:30.  She became maybe the tenth person I've introduced to Cuisine On The Green and it was quite a contrast to Naomi's and my experience.  We were greeted by a fortyish woman named Sandy and when I asked if Alicia (the manager who had answered by less-than-positive e-mail) was in, said she wasn't due until later in the afternoon. However, after I introduced myself, Sandi immediately asked if I'd like my (complementary) Blue Moon now or with my meal.
Yoozah! Alicia had alerted her, obviously, and it was all good after that.  I got a hamburger (potato chips come with it, I was told), Leslie the sesame chicken on my recommendation, and yum--I had never had any complaints about the food.  We were served quickly and courteously and you can be sure I wrote a second, very appreciative, e-mail to Alicia later in the day.
After, Leslie went with me to Wal-Mart, so I could pick up the three eye drops I must use before the cataract procedure.  I was floored when I learned that the cost totalled over three hundred dollars!
Following my habit--a conscious one--of always at least trying to remedy an unpleasant situation, I asked if there was anything I could do to reduce the cost.  A very pleasant and courteous young pharmacist--"Jessica," I think--offered to call the ophthalmologist's office to see if a generic could be substituted.  I drove home, left Leslie off, and later, received a call from that office, saying they would provide the drops; I just needed to pick up one of them today.  I thought that was a wonderful thing for them to do.  It also reinforces my belief that you should try always to alter what needs to be altered. In my experience, it works about eighty percent of the time.
Talked to Aline and we'll go to breakfast before I pick up my meds.  

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

I'm glad your kids hounded you into the procedure; I'm sure you'll do well. And I hear they give you some excellent "I don't give a damn" medications for the procedure itself. It should be a party!

Mimi said...

Thanks, Jim, I'm all for parties!

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...