Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Tuesday With Aline

There was a best-seller out several years ago called My Tuesdays With Morrie. I read part of it before I had to put it aside for fear of tossing my cookies.  For plebeian, cliche-ridden, sanctimonious hogwash, it probably has no peer, but wouldn't ya know, it was esteemed among what Menchen used to call "the boobsie"--the American public.   Just as an illustration of its elephantine preciousness, Wikipedia notes that one of the major themes is "as Schwartz's condition deteriorates, so does the hibiscus plant on top of Schwartz's study..."  Aagh!
With that long and maybe unnecessary prologue--I just like to vent--I'll explain my post title: Aline and I spend almost every Tuesday together, as that's the day she's usually off. Yesterday, we went to the Tuckerton Grille (not to be confused with the Tuckerton Pub) for a nice lunch; for me, a chili bowl and Yuengling.
Aline asked if I wanted to go to "A Night At The Opera"--not Groucho, but real opera with real opera singers--on Friday evening at St. Theresa's.  Frank-Next-Door had offered to take her and I called to see if I could tag along.  Yes, indeed, and A. and I went over to the church to buy tickets.  
Back at my place, I gave A. a yogurt Popsicle* and she "heard me" say my lines.  Of course, we also talked and talked and I showed her the latest pics of darling little K, in Tokyo.  She thinks he's just adorable and, naturally, I have no argument with that.  Took my friend home about 5:00 after a pleasant day.   
I'm getting my hair cut today, finally, and can't wait to have it shorter.
* Hmm, I guess that's a copyrighted name, as "Thermos" is, although both seem to have passed into the general lexicon.  

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...