Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Margate And Rehearsal

I'm getting forgetful.  Put the trash out yesterday morning, and it wasn't until I went out about noon that I realized it was Monday, not Tuesday.
Went to Betty's temporary place in Margate and spent the first part of the day with her.  We went to the public adjuster's (actually a private one) office and she signed papers to hire them to assess the damage to her house.  We then went to Barrels and had a nice lunch.
Got home about 4:00 and prepared for rehearsal.  I was somewhat dismayed to get an e-mail from Desi advising the cast the community center wasn't open, so we'd be at the H.'s.  Of course, this is way, way out in the woods.
Started out about 6:30 and got as far as Route 9, but I could hardly see a thing with all the haloed lights coming at me, so I turned back.  Went over to Susan's and asked if she or Walter would drive me there, which Walter did.
Rehearsal went well, but we did both first and second acts, so it wasn't over until 10:00.  Kevin took Desi, Aline (who was sitting in) and me home, where I found a phone message from Ellen.  Skyped her and we had a nice "visit."
Stayed up until way after 11:00, darn it.  I had asked Susan if we could walk early, as the Comcast guy is coming between 7 and 9, and she agreed, so I got up at my usual 5:15.  However, I just looked out and darn, it snowed again last night.  If it's at all slippery, I'm not walking.
Aline and I had planned to go into Atlantic City on the bus today, but maybe we'll have to postpone, foiled by the weather.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...