Sunday, September 01, 2013

Luncheon Prep

Walked, then got a Skype call from the Tokyo Twosome and enjoyed it.  In the middle of it, Singapore son called to ask if I'd be home in an hour; they were out for dinner and he'd Skype me then.  I was, he did, and although little Violet was in bed, I got to talk to her big sister, and learned momentous news: Vivian's been cast in a school play!  She had to audition by singing a song and there was a lot of competition, but she's in.  Boy, am I excited--and so is she.
Nephew Tim called shortly thereafter and while I was talking to him, Tom, the termite guy (he's got these filmy things growing out of his back and I smelt a faint odor of wet wood--oh, don't mind me) and his guys started on their work.  They made a terrific racket drilling the concrete in the garage and porch, then pouring the poison and plugging the holes.  (I can't seem to resist alliteration.)
In the meantime and in betweentime (silly rhymes, either), I went to Acme, the bank, and the library, then rushed home to make pasta salad, chicken salad, orange pound cake, hard-boiled eggs, and assemble the ingredients for the main dish: sausage, peppers, and onions in two crock pots, one for hot and one for sweet.  That trips right off the tongue--and the keyboard--but it actually took the entire day.
Talked to Betty several times and was pleased to hear her son, Wes, will be coming in from Chicago to join his cousins--what fun!
After the cooking and so on, I jumped in the shower, and finally, relaxed with my usual.  For lunch, I'm expecting nephews Wes, Tim, and Rob; great-nephew Jeremy; niece and husband, Joan and Jim; my sister; and my daughter and husband.  Respectively, they're from Chicago, Vermont, Oregon, New York State, with the last three from Jersey.  We'll have a ball!    

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...