Saturday, August 31, 2013

Betty And Me

Yesterday was the thirty-ninth anniversary of Betty's husband's death.  In six years, Wes will have been gone from this world longer than he lived in it.  I had picked up a pretty lavender rose at Acme, then met Betty at the cemetery.  We talked and laughed and cried for a while at the grave where Wes, Jay, and other family members are, then stopped at Pat's (and my) site. 
After, we went to lunch at the East Bay Grille, my choice, and not a good one.  I had leathery slabs of "grilled" (those marks were painted on!) chicken atop a so-called Caesar salad (limp lettuce and vinegary dressing).  Betty's bacon-wrapped scallops were mediocre, too, but of course, we enjoyed our talk and visit.
We parted and I hustled down to Produce Junction, where I got a beautiful pink and white orchid with lots of blooms for a measly five bucks.  Looks lovely in the living room.  Also got Romaine and tomatoes for my luncheon tomorrow.
Got home and cleaned part of the carpet in the living room.  This is where I have my wine and popcorn at night and it tends to get messy.  Made out a list of what I'm going to serve tomorrow and what I must buy.  Will do that today, after the termite people are here--I hope not for too long.

 

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...