Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pleasant Day And Immunity

Termite man called early to ask if he could come Saturday instead of Friday, which is fine by me.  Was in e-mail touch with nephew, Rob, and we firmed up plans for him, his brother and sister, her spouse, Betty, and my friend and her husband to come here for lunch and possibly, the pool, on Sunday.
Aline called.  She wasn't able to get together yesterday, but we'll go to lunch tomorrow, then go to Days of Yore antique shop in Galloway.  I invited Leslie, too, and she accepted with pleasure.
I'm making real headway in the garage now and spent time happily throwing away, consolidating, and neatening it up.  Next-door Frank and Barbara saw me and invited me over for cookies and iced coffee.  Barb gave me a bowl of homemade peach cobbler to take home and the pair invited me to go with them to the Miss America Parade in AC on September 14, which I surely will. 
Joe M. from down the street stopped over when he saw me in the garage.  I showed him the termite "mud tunnels," which he'll look for.  He asked if I wanted an outdoor light cover (mine broke years ago), and I took it.
Neighbor Bob O. also came over and we discussed the termite situation.  He doesn't have any, but had seventeen crickets in his bathroom, and used the same exterminator for them.  
I spent time connecting up my new digital camera.  I'm embarrassed to admit I couldn't get the battery cover to open, so took the whole thing to Wal-Mart and was shown that you have to slide it over, not pry it up.  I hate, hate, hate things mechanical--that is, I like to use them, but I'm hopeless at dealing with their configurations.  I really want them to come equipped with a nice young fella or girl to explain all that stuff.
Susan came over to give me some extra "flags" she had, with which we're supposed to mark the sprinkler heads in the back before Meticulous comes to put stuff on the lawn. Frank was there, so kindly put them in for me.
Late in the day, I drove down to Graveling Point at the bay and took some pictures of Brigantine over the water.  Will go back to the book to see how to put them on the computer.
All in all, a very pleasant day.
WIDER:  Well, the monsters hang together, what else is new?
http://www.commondreams.org/further/2013/08/26

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Professional courtesy, one war criminal to another. Obomber knows that the next El Supremo will take care of him, too.

That was a good "Tom Tomorrow," too. But I don't want to see Clapper out on the streets begging for food. I want to see him in prison, getting free food, and medical care, too. What a kind fellow I am!

Mimi said...

What's most disheartening to me is what seems to be the total indifference of most of the electorate to outrages like this. Sigh...

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...