Thursday, August 15, 2013

What A Day

Boy, oh boy, what a day.  Susan followed me up to Parkertown Auto to drop off my car, then took me back a few hours later to get it.  In between, I thoroughly cleaned the master bath (hmm...guess it's the mistress bath now), something I've managed to put off for some time.
Picked up the car, then continued on to Manahawkin Shop-Rite for this 'n' that, completely forgetting the exterminator was supposed to be here between noon and one.  He was when I got home, but luckily, said he had just driven up.
The guy, Frank, sprayed or squirted or whatever he does, inside in and out to rid my home of the dreaded crickets.  (I haven't seen any yet this year, but I think it's too early.)  I can't abide the ugly things, especially because they jump and glide--ugh!
Frank did his work in the house, then moved on to the garage.  When I went in there, he told me I have a bigger problem than crickets: termites!  He showed me a "mud tunnel" which the damn things leave, a dead giveaway that they're busily chewing up my home. 
Okay, bottom line: $829.25 to get rid of them.  I'll just pass over my screaming and gnashing of teeth and write that I'll get another estimate or two, which I doubt will differ by much, then have to do it and pay up. 
Other than that, I honed my new play a bit, talked to Leslie about our lunch date tomorrow, and to Betty about dinner at her place on Saturday, which I'll bring.   

No comments:

Sunday And Susan

A fairly busy morning and lots of contacts--to wit: --Former tenant, Susan, texted that she'll be near my house, turn on the outside wat...