Friday, August 09, 2013

Lottery and Veggies

Great excitement in our tiny town yesterday:  A multi-million dollar lottery ticket was sold at the Little Egg Harbor Acme, a place I regularly frequent.  I happened to be over there when a T.V. crew was recording an interview with the manager.  Now people won't be asking me, "Where's Little Egg Harbor?" I betcha!  However, I understand there were three winners, one in Michigan, so they have to share the 500 mil or whatever it is.  Hey, in that case, who wants it?  (I do.)
Stopped at the thrift store across from Acme to pick up a man's white shirt, which completes my costume for The Ugly Duckling (and the "ugh!" part about covers it in my book).  Rehearsal in Ventnor today, after which I'll stop at Betty's for dinner or whatever.
Zipped up north in the early afternoon to go veggie picking at the co-op farm with my friend.  She's going on vacation shortly, so gave me potatoes, onions, eggplant, zucchini, and garlic, along with a bouquet of flowers, which I picked myself.  Boy, was it hot and humid--that shower felt so good when I got home.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...