Thursday, August 08, 2013

Lunchie, Lunch, Lunch

Low-key, but nice enough day.  Picked Aline up at the Stafford Library and we went to lunch at Olive Garden.  I think I was spoiled when I was at Ellen's, as we had good meals at several non-chain places. (The best was her own kitchen!)
I've always liked O.G., but wasn't thrilled with yesterday's lunch.  I ordered a "fried lasagna" thing, which was actually an appetizer, I was told, although the price was about what regular lunches run.  It consisted of five clearly frozen, then zapped, little humped objects--I can only describe the shape as that of the old-fashioned radiators we had on Rosborough Avenue--with a splash of spaghetti sauce on top.  It didn't bear a resemblance to any lasagna I ever saw and it wasn't much for taste, either.  Well, I'll try something else next time.
We stopped at Wal-Mart after, then I dropped A. back at the library and got home minutes before my friend came.  She and her husband are vacationing in New Mexico soon and she wanted to borrow my largest suitcase. Unfortunately, we couldn't find it and something tells me I may have given it away.  Not sure.  I'm going to see her today, also, as I said I'd "pick" with her at the co-op farm and take some produce home.
Not much else went on, except for an infuriating e-mail from crazy Rachel, still trying to get me to agree to something I have no intention of doing.  I wrote her a stiff note back and will see her tomorrow at rehearsal for The Ugly Duckling, into which I allow myself to be cast against my better judgment.
I usually sleep like a--yeah, you know--but woke this morning at 2:45 and couldn't get back.  Darn, I'm not used to insomnia and now feel like the walking dead.  Will try to nap before I travel north.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...