Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Drumsticks and Vietnam

Went to Acme and got chicken legs, prepared them with oil and lemon/pepper flakes, and roasted in the oven.  Very, very tasty, and I have plenty left for today.  Cut up and cooked zucchini, too. 
Was pleased to get an e-mail from Mary H. about a LETCO meeting at her and Jim's home on Monday.  Finally, at long last, something's happening with that group.  Mary said there'd be wine and cheese, too--hey, think I'd stay away?
Betty and Aline called.  I'll see the former on Saturday after the P & P meeting, and told her I'd bring dinner this time.  Asked the latter about three activities coming up:  the aforementioned meeting, Dine Around, and hmm...what was the other one?  Can't recall, but unfortunately, she's working or otherwise engaged on all three dates.  I will, however, probably see her today unless there's an (ugh!) R.H. lunch.
Stopped over at the R.'s to bring Dennis a check for sealing (or whatever) the driveway, and Leslie and I had a nice visit over lemonade.  Called the exterminator and he'll come today after 3:00. 
My car has developed a kind of hollow roaring noise and I want to bring it to Mastercraft this morning.  Also, I don't think my sprinkler system has gone on since I got back from California, almost a week ago.  Darn, I hate these kinds of mechanical problems.  I'm always just stopped in my tracks with them.
WIDER:  Sick, sick, sick is the current effort to pretty up the slaughter in Vietnam, but the refusal to accept that filthy lie by Viet Nam vets is heartening.  Here's David Swanson's report and the vets' petition (I signed):
http://warisacrime.org/content/obamas-campaign-glorify-war-vietnam#.Ugopm9mNmew.facebook

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...