Monday, August 12, 2013

Ewing

Had the vague idea of going to the pool, but it was a little too cool for my taste, so didn't.  Returned P. and N.'s Skype call, and we had a nice chat.  Puttered around with domestic chores and computer stuff and, after lunch, impulsively decided to take a drive. 
I actually traveled up to Ewing, a good hour and a half away, and skulked around my old haunts.  As I've remarked before, going back always makes me feel as if I'm revisiting not just a former life, but somebody else's life.  What was it like to be a young mother in the little house on the corner of Lower Ferry Road?  I barely remember.
Went past that old house, rode around the neighborhood, stopped at the cemetery, and--having satisfied some obscure need, I guess--drove home.
Back to my new and improved self, I enjoyed my virtual visit with Ellen on Skype, always a high point of the week.  Have a number of chores I want to clean up today, including some domestic bookkeeping stuff. 

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...