Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Garden Cafe And Memory

Aline and I spent the day together, as we often do on Tuesdays.  Picked her up at 12:30 and we went to Romanelli's Garden CafĂ© in Galloway.
Now here's the funny thing--or not so funny, actually: I had told Aline we were going to a new restaurant, in which Betty and I had recently lunched.  When we got there, though, Aline said she and I had eaten there a few weeks ago. I gradually realized that was so and in fact, I hadn't been there with Betty for three or four years, at least.  Makes me nervous to have been so mistaken, especially as these little slips are not as infrequent as they used to be.
Anyhoo--we then went to Boscov's where Aline got shoes and I got a pocketbook, very much on sale.  Went to Produce Junction, where I bought an ornamental pepper plant--so pretty, with little red and yellow peppers.  When we got near home, A. suggested we stop at Rita's and get a water ice.  That sounded good, as I was parched and we did.  After, we went to the library and stayed an hour or so.  Dropped Aline off and I didn't get home until almost 7:00.
I had called Betty earlier to invite her and Rob to come over so we could go to the pool.  She said sure, assuming Rob is staying; originally, we thought he was leaving yesterday. Hope they can come.  I also had time to do a bit more in the garage, now that the termite people have done their thing.  If Betty and Rob don't come, I'll continue that today.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...