Monday, September 23, 2013

Dine Around

Went to K-Mart for a few items early on, then puttered around at home with this and that.  Composed a new verse for Christmas At Delaney's which, I'm beginning to think, is an exercise in futility if I build it around copy-written songs.  Guess I should consult Mary H., secretary for LETCO.  Could it be that we could just ask for permission to perform the songs, or would big bucks to involved for each?
Strolled down the street to the K's, who took me to Dine Around, along with their outside-the-community friend, Peggy F. 
It was at Roberto's in Galloway and was so-so.  I sat next to Marilyn P. and asked if I could interview her and husband Jay, for The Breeze.  Will call them to set up a time shortly.  On my other side was Mary Ann Van O., who has put her house up for sale.  We've had our differences, but we chatted cordially. 
In truth, the evening was mediocre.  It was a small group--only about 18--and the T-shaped seating was okay, but the service was slow and the food mediocre.  I had veal Marsala--a mistake--which came swimming in sauce and accompanied by only a few pieces of ziti.  The meat was tough can pretty tasteless; I took half home, but decided not even to keep it.  Not worth saving.  However, the bread and bruschetta were excellent and the Caesar salad not bad. 
Several birthdays were celebrated, including that of the host (we take turns arranging the venues for Dine Around) and he and his wife provided a sheet cake from Acme.  Just as well, as the restaurant dessert was cannoli, which I greatly dislike.  I had a piece of overly sweet and sugary cake.
Got home just before 8:00 and, for some reason, was so tired, I just wanted to sleep.  Tried to Skype Ellen, but she wasn't in and I went to bed, skipping my popcorn and wine. 
I'm going to call the eye doctor's office as soon as it opens.     

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...