Thursday, September 12, 2013

Article And So On

Aline called early to say she had a family gathering, so wouldn't be going on our planned excursion to dinner and LBI.  Happily, Betty called a bit later to ask if I could meet for early dinner at Italian Gourmet and I was free to do so. 
I was pleased to get a Skype call from Mike and the two little girls in Singapore (hmm...sounds like a title).  Darling Violet sang me two songs in Mandarin Chinese and Vivian recited her lines from Bugsie Malone.  She told me she plays a waitress and also an opera singer and has to sing a song.  (Not an operatic one, I hope.)  Mike told me about the crime of the century:  his bike was stolen.  Authorities assigned a detective to his case and they think there was an inside accomplice.
Most of the day, I worked on the Breeze profile of Harry and Pat V.  Sent it off, then drove to Manahawkin.  At the Home Depot, I was stunned--stunned, I tell you--to see the containers for which I paid eight bucks on Tuesday on sale for $4.20.  I bought some smaller ones, but will take the receipt back for the big and get reimbursed. 
Dropped some stuff at the thrift store.  Took the fire extinguisher and andirons to Public Works and good riddance, sez I.
Susan asked if I wanted to accompany her and Walter to the movies today to see Blue Jasmine.  Not sure--maybe. 
Met Betty at 5:00 and we had a nice early dinner.  Was able to get birthday girl, Ellen, on Skype to wish her happy birthday more or less in person.  She was on her way out with her friend, for dinner.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...