Monday, September 09, 2013

Happy Day

A red-letter day!  I was awakened at 10:30 pm by a phone call with the news, then went on-line to see a long-awaited, much-anticipated joy.  It is...
...but my lips are sealed--or rather, my fingers are stilled. 
Even aside from that, it was a good day.  Went to Faust at the clubhouse and boy, did I enjoy it.  Of course, operas are always about twice as long as they should be and this was no exception, but the sets were wonderful, the costumes grand, and the devil properly menacing.  I even liked the singing.
Home, I continued my project of sorting and recording a slew of comic books one of my sons had acquired years ago and had left stored in the garage.  Most are from 1977, a few from other years, and boy, there must be more than a hundred.  I haven't even started on the smaller box, but definitely want to try to sell them or otherwise get rid of them.
While I was virtually visiting with Ellen on Skype, Julie S. called to tell me good news: There weren't enough entrants for the Our Town auditions, so they will will held again this Saturday.  Are she and I going?  You bet, and this time, I'm going to prepare. 
I don't care what it does today--rain or shine, tornado or hurricane, it's a beautiful day for new activities, new ideas, and new life.     

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Big time congrats to both families here and far away. Looking forward to important details.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...