Tuesday, September 17, 2013

LETCO Meeting

Spent most of the day preparing for the LETCO meeting.  It occurred to me that it would be best to sit around the dining room table, but I had a dilemma:  The table is made of nice wood, and I didn't want to put a tablecloth on, but didn't want anything spilled, either.  Therefore, I ran out to both the SOCH thrift stores (in Tuckerton and Eagleswood) and picked up a number of colorful place mats.  These worked out fine for our gathering.
President Jim presided, with officers Mary, Tonya, and Desi, plus board members Julie, Ellen, Aline, Frank, and me attending.  I'm not sure why Tara wasn't there--she was at the last meeting--in fact, am not sure if she's an officer.
Congratulations for our successful Our Town auditions were extended to Julie and me, and several decided to go for roles if and when new tryouts are held.  We discussed mostly Jim's and Desi's meeting with the head honcho at Surflight, and our "collaboration" with that outfit, which may well come to pass--yay!
We decided on a Christmas show, with music, at which point I lost consciousness.  When I woke up, I found I had been designated the writer for Christmas At Delaney's.  That's not as arduous as it sounds, because it will include a lot of Christmas songs, and I'll just write the dialogue that glues the musical numbers together.
The group left at 9:00.  (Jim is a doctor and needs to get to bed early, a fact I always appreciate when I start wilting late in the evening.)  Aline and I talked for a half hour or so after that, then I took her home.  I didn't have much clean-up to do, as I had served only wine, cheese and crackers, salsa, and grapes.  Went to bed satisfied that we've started revitalizing our theatre group.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...