Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dress Rehearsal

Called the ophthalmologist's office and got an appointment for 8:15 this morning.  Did this and that yesterday, before showering, packing up my costume, and heading off to Atlantic County. 
Stopped at Produce Junction and got six pretty mums in 6 inch pots for only a buck fifty each.  I'll just arrange them out front when I have a chance.  That should galvanize me to get out the autumn stuff, too.
Got to Betty's earlier than I had planned and we chatted until it was time for me to leave for rehearsal.  This was in the Margate Library--I guess Ventnor was unavailable--and was called for 5:30 to 7:30.  As soon as I got there, I told Rachel I had to leave at 7:00.  Especially in view (ouch!) of my eye, I wasn't going to risk life and limb driving in full dark.  I was startled when she told me she had two types of glaucoma, as well as cataracts.  I have cataracts, too, and must get them removed, but aside from myopia, no other condition as far as I know. 
Rehearsal went okay and we actually go through the whole thing, notwithstanding some inanities on Rachel's part.  I think the actual performance will run smoothly and be well received.
I did, indeed, leave by 7:00 and get home before complete dark, so no prob.    

3 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

When you get your cataracts done, I think the standard procedure these days calls for replacement of the lens with intraocular implants. They can put different corrections by pupillary zone in those implanted lenses, so you have both a near and distance correction, taking care of both your myopia and the presbyopia that we all have (once we get past our early 40s). I think you'll like your result. My mother did, back when she had that done. An easier surgery than you'd think, too.

Ellen said...

I didn't know that. Now I want to get my cataracts done! (I'm sick of my reading glasses.)

Mimi said...

Ellen, I didn't know you have cataracts.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...