Friday, September 13, 2013

Blue Jasmine And The Truth About War

Decided to accept the G.'s invitation to see Blue Jasmine and was so glad I did.  It really is a terrific movie and we all enjoyed it.  As I was going across the street to their house, Barbara D. from next door saw me and asked if I wanted to go to some show or other in Atlantic City tomorrow before the Miss America Parade.  Well, sure, I said, why not, so I'll be doing that after the audition.
Home a bit after 5:00 and I impulsively called Aline, as I had a hankering to see the breakwater at LBI.  She was at the Stafford Library, but had finished work and just stayed to use the computer.  Picked her up and we went to the southern tip.
Because of the big storm predicted, I was hoping the ocean would be rough and it was.  Got some good pics. 
We had intended to go to dinner after, but I begged off, as it was already getting dark when we left about 7:15.  Anyway, we're going to lunch today.  Think we'll hit Atlantic County, as I want to replenish my wine supply for the LETCO meeting scheduled for my place on Monday. 
Want to select a few more items--mostly from the 37,000 vases I have--for the thrift story and take them somewhere.
WIDER:  This is from a commenter on Truthdig.com re an article by Eugene Robinson, who writes for the Washington Post.  Robinson seems to be a shill for Obama and, following his hero, favors a war on Syria.  I was struck by the truth and simplicity of these two sentences:
"War is a business. And humanitarian cant is its anthem."

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...