Monday, September 02, 2013

Great Party

Well, it was a great party!  Three Wessels, three Johnsons, (including darling little Miranda, 7, my great-niece), two Reeds, two Bakers, and yours truly, ate, talked, and laughed through the day. 
My company arrived around noon and stayed until after 5:00.  All enjoyed the lunch and Miranda favored us with a private reading of The Potty Book, videotaped for posterity by her first cousin once removed.
I gave my great-nephew, Jeremy, the "T-square" that had been my father's, his great-grandfather's.  Jer is the only architect in the family and my father was an engineer, but I believe both professions used the device.  Now, of course, it's all computer, but he can hang this on the wall.  My father printed his name on it in ink: J.D. Byrne.
The sausage went over very big and there was scarcely a sliver left of the orange pound cake.  I was gifted with a bottle of wine and some exotic olive oil, but being with this three-generation gang at my place was the best part of the day.
A couple stayed to help clean up and the man part of it fixed the arm of my dining room chair, which had come detached.  He also transferred the pictures from my new camera, but had to go on the Nikon site and download from there.  I doubt if I'll ever buy a Nikon again.
Made a date to go down to Betty's today and hang out with the Wessels and Johnsons, who will be at her place until tomorrow.  Aagh, it just occurred to me it's Labor Day, so the traffic to Absecon Island will be fierce, but I'll brave it and won't stay too long.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...