Friday, September 20, 2013

Eye, Hair, And Errands

When I woke up, my eye felt fine, I'm happy to relate.  I continued one of the drops and--well, dropped the other, which was prescribed for only one day.  Aline called early to ask about my eye and we made a dinner date.  Dennis and Bill came at 8:00 and fixed my drawer in short order, refusing to bill me for it.  
I was able to get in all my errands: dropped a donation off at the thrift store, picked up a few items at
Acme, renewed my Dorothy Parker book at the library, and got a new bulb in my headlight. 
Had a Breeze meeting at 2:00 and we went over upcoming issues and covers.  Called for a new hair appointment, and was happy to hear she can take me today at 11:00.
Got home to confront the only unpleasant surprise of the day: notice from the bank of two overdrafts, which cost me $70.  Ugh!  One I probably can't contest, but the other, I will.  Why this happened is just too long and involved to explain here, but it was generally carelessness on my part.
Met Aline at Dynasty just as she was getting off the bus from work and we had a nice dinner.  She had a book discussion meeting at 7:00 at the Little Egg Library, so I took her there.  Stopped in myself to get a CD for the car. 
Aside from the bank fees, it was a good, productive day.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...