Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hair

Got my hair cut and colored.  It's okay, but only so-so; I'm not crazy about the cut.  Hope the color stays light brown and doesn't go blonde, as it usually does.
Stopped at the eye doctor's to ask about the fact that my eye is still dilated, although I hadn't used the drops since Thursday.  I was told by the woman I think is s nurse-practitioner or technician that that wasn't unusual.  However, the eye is still dilated--now I'm getting worried. Think I'll ask again.
Leslie called to propose that she do a piece on positive experiences people have had, sort of a continuing "feel-good" column for The Breeze.  We had actually talked about this at a staff meeting, and I encouraged her to submit it.  Called Jo B. to ask if she'd do a cornucopia picture for the November cover and she agreed.
Spent a lot of the rest of the day printing out copies of The Pukey to take to the meeting today, and working up an agenda, so it isn't chaotic.

3 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

How large is the pupil of the affected eye?

Mimi said...

Jim, it's certainly twice as large as in the other eye, but not as large as it gets when dilated for an eye exam. I'll definitely go to the eye doctor tomorrow.

Jim Wetzel said...

Yes, a 2X pupil diameter would be pretty unsatisfactory. That will tend to multiply the effects of that eye's refractive errors by factors of four, eight, or sixteen, depending on which error we're considering. That's the root of the "night blindness" that people complain about; in the dark, your pupils open up, and geometric aberrations increase very fast in severity.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...