Saturday, September 28, 2013

Lentil Stew

Went to the Shop-Rite in Galloway for lentils and a few other items.  Bought a large pumpkin for out front--so large I had to ask a passing young man to put it in my cart, then another to get in in the trunk.  Picked up sausage and rye bread at Shop-Rite, as well.  To get the pumpkin next to the tree out front, I was (barely) able to lift it into the wheelbarrow, then tip it slowly out.
Prepared a lentil stew, using many of the fresh vegetables and herbs I had been given on Thursday, including leeks, Swiss chard, onions, garlic, dill, and Rosemary.  Made a nice salad, added the rye and pumpernickel, and that was the meal, featuring what I call "peasant food."
Aline and Susan got here a bit after 6:00, we ate, and they seemed to enjoy the stew and the Jello for dessert.  After, we adjourned to the living room and talked and talked.  They didn't leave until almost 10:00, which meant that, after cleaning up, and a short T.V. look-see, it was ever so late when I got to bed.    

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...