Friday, June 15, 2012

Another Goodie

Another fine summer day.  Got up north about 1:00; boys weren't there yet, but their mother brought them in shortly.  She left, we had lunch, then zipped off for the beach at Belmar.
Well, the "fine" summer day didn't include the weather.  It was breezy, cool, and cloudy, but luckily, didn't actually rain.  We had a fine time digging in the sand, racing the incoming waves, and generally amusing ourselves.  Didn't wear suits, as it wasn't really an all-over-wet swim day (although T. succeeded in getting his shorts soaked); too cold and besides, the water was very rough and there was a dangerous rip tide. 
We left about 4:00, as I had to get home by 5:30 or so, having told Aline I'd pick her up for rehearsal.  I was sorry, because the others were going to the farm in Chesterfield.  The northern dwellers had joined a co-op for organic food.  You have to take whatever they're growing and you participate in picking some of it, too.  I would have loved to go there yesterday, but was told she goes every month, so will accompany her another time.
Home in time to wash up, grab a bite, and pick up Aline.  I had reluctantly agreed to work on concessions with her.  Roman K. (he and Judy had done it for a few shows) had dropped off a crapload of stuff, including a cooler with soda and water which I can't even lift.  The stuff is now in my garage, so I guess I bought it.  Darn.
Last night, they did the last scene and it really was funny.  Neil is just such a marvelous director--I wish I could be directed by him.  I left at 8:00--I just don't want to stay out late, then have a problem getting up the next day. Called Susan when I got home to tell her I wasn't going to walk today.  Thought I'd sleep late, but got up at 6:15.  It's now only quarter of seven, so I could walk, but just decided to give myself a pass.  Must make lunch and prepare for today's excursion:  a trip to Delaware on the Cape May ferry--yay!   

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

If you're getting plenty of rain in your area, we Hoosiers would appreciate any spare rain you can send our way. We have a real drought going!

Mimi said...

We had rain, now we have glorious sunshine, Jim; yesterday was ideal.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...