Friday, June 08, 2012

Lunch And So On

Finished with the DQ stuff by rounding up the material all over the dining room and guest room and storing it away in the garage.  At least I know where everything is now, so the whole process will be easier when I do it for the Stafford branch on November 1.
Impulsively called Betty in the morning to ask if she was free for lunch.  She had only one patient, so she was, and we met at Shore Diner.  Both had liverwurst and onion on rye--me with a Blue Moon--and enjoyed a good chat.  I invited her to come for lunch on Sunday when Mike's here and she accepted.
I was very early, so had time to stock up on white wine at Canal's, then go to Produce Junction.  Got a hanging geranium and two large Dahlia plants all for seven bucks.  I can hardly believe their prices, told Betty, and she said she'd stop for plants on the way home.
Went to the cemetery after, but stayed only a few minutes.  I must get back here to do some serious weeding and planting; just haven't done it for a long time. Guess I no longer feel the need, although our anniversary is coming up next Thursday.
Stopped at the library on the way home and finally, at long last, my book (requested several months ago), The Bad Seed, had come in.  Started it and, as I suspected, it's much better than the movie; very absorbing.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...