Sunday, June 24, 2012

Surprise Party

A glutton for punishment, I drove up to Shop-Rite--yes, on a Friday in the summertime in early afternoon.  It was jammed, of course, but I got what I needed--wanted--and got outta there.
Stopped at the florist on the way back and the woman told me they had no pink roses, which I had ordered, so she made me up red and yellow and gave me a five dollar vase.  I was annoyed for a minute, but there are beautiful, probably better than the pink ones, and I was fine with them.  Went home to do some domestic chores until it was time to get ready for the party.  Showered, washed my hair, and dressed; wore the long dress I got for the wedding, along with a black top--looked pretty good, but my hair was a disaster.
Dennis and Leslie picked me up at 4:15 and off we went to SeaOaks.  Big room and lots of people--I think about 60, including most of Ray and Barb's neighbors.  We sat at a table with Barb's cousins; chatted with them and others until the birthday couple came in about 5:00--SURPRISE!--and they were thrilled.
Open bar, excellent buffet, and d.j. with annoyingly loud music, but elegant atmosphere and a lot of fun.  Much chatter, some somber concerning my friend, Maureen W.'s husband, who died suddenly a few days ago.  We stayed until a bit after eight, then said our goodbyes.
Today, not one, but two eating-out experiences are coming up.  My weight is out of control yet again--I've gained back about two thirds of the 72 pounds I had lost.  Will have to assess my position tomorrow and come up with a plan to wrestle myself back.  Damn, I can't imagine what life would be like without the overweight thing.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...