Thursday, June 21, 2012

Further Fun

Further fun and ain't it grand.  Got to the lake about 10:30 and was joined by the other three a half hour later.  Boy, was it hot--at least 95 and that lake felt great.  Cavorted around the cool water, ate lunch on the beach, and generally had a terrific few hours.
I left reluctantly about 2:00, as I had to get home and prepare for dinner at Dynasty, then opening night.  Jumped in the shower, dressed, and met Aline and her sister, Susan, at 4:30.  Had a mediocre Salisbury steak (overdone) and a good cold Bud.  The sisters insisted on treating me, citing the fact that I had had them over for lunch.
I then drove Aline across the street to the florist, the owners of which had made up pretty roses for each in the cast--free!  Geez, it was so nice of them; I was amazed. 
We got to the school and set up the concession table.  Finished, Aline and I sat in the back to enjoy the show itself.  It was so funny and the cast so good.  Unfortunately, there were only 32 in the audience (I counted them), including the two custodians who happened to be working that night.  Almost a third of the attendees (ten) were--ahem, friends of mine.
It was great fun, of course; the only thing that would have made it better was being on stage myself.  After, we put the refreshment items away and left.  Drove Aline home and didn't get in myself until after 10:00.  Unwound with my popcorn and wine and fell into bed after 11:00.
I skipped our walk, as I had told Susan I probably would, and slept until 7:00.  Got an always-welcome Skype call from the Tokyo Twosome, which just ended, and now I'm going to have my breakfast, do some wash and other chores, pick up Leslie and Naomi for lunch, then go back to the show tonight.
This would have been my fifty-fourth wedding anniversary.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...