Sunday, June 17, 2012

Slow One

Poky day.  Skinned the chicken parts I had bought Saturday.  Rubbed them with garlic powder and paprika, added veggie liquid I had saved in the freezer, and put in the big crock pot.  Sliced onions and put in the small one, along with garlic and a bit of oil.  Had them for dinner and boy, they were good.  Took some chicken off the bone and froze to possibly make chicken salad for company later. 
Did two loads of wash.  Watered the four tomato plants, pepper, and flowers.
Talked to Naomi P. and  Leslie.  Made a date with the former for lunch next Thursday and invited the latter along.
Drove up to Barnegat in the afternoon, just as a diversion, but didn't get out of the car.
Took inventory of the concession stuff and e-mailed Tonya to the effect that I'd supplement by picking up what else is needed at B.J.'s.  I'm a bit annoyed that I got roped into this simply because 1.) the K.'s, who did it for several shows, live down the street, so I was asked to receive what they had left and it's now in my garage, including an ice chest I can't lift;  2.) Aline doesn't drive, so by default, I have to go to B.J.'s.  Oh, well, I'll do it this time; during the next play in October, I hope to be in the cast.
Late in the day, got a call from up north inviting me to dinner tonight.  Yes, indeedy, don't have to ask me twice, so I'm looking forward to that.   
WIDER:  In his usual breathtakingly insightful, but perfectly clear way, Arthur Silber discusses the parallels between present day America and a certain other country not so many years ago:
http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/
He is reading a book called Backing Hitler: Consent and Coercion in Nazi Germany and cites it throughout his essay.  I just ordered it from Amazon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mom! I tried to email you Saturday night, but the email had an error message (?) Here's what I wrote:
Hi, Mom!

I'm going into school tomorrow to clean out and organize some more closets (I went in for about 5 hours today, too), so I may not be home early enough to call you on SKYPE. But, if I'm home by 7:30 your time, I'll call you. If I don't reach you, I should be home early enough to call you on Monday (that's our last official work day.) The end-of-the-year closet-organizing is always so tedious and slow-going, but I really want to get it done, so I'll feel and be more organized when the school year starts up again.

Will talk to you soon.
Love,

So, I will give you a call this evening (Monday) on SKYPE. Love,
Ellen

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...